Any tools are a large part of communication, especially when you’re talking about a team that’s distributed or remote. And it’s not just about getting stuff done. “Overall, using an inter-office messaging tool has fostered a company culture that is more productive, more creative, and more sociable,” says Aron Susman of TheSquareFoot. “We knew going in that it would help to organize inter-office communication and serve as a place to share documents, collaborations, and conversations, but the additional benefits for our team on a more personal level has been a wonderful bonus.”
So where to begin? Here are three resources for choosing the right team communication software for you and your team.
- Scott Gerber of Business.com lists the top 9 most effective apps for internal communication as chosen by members from the Young Entrepreneur Council. The list includes HipChat, Slack, Campfire, and others. Check it out to read about their favorite functions of their tools.
- Quora discussions are a great place to look when it comes to getting your questions answered by your peers across the globe. Search for a discussion like this one about what tools teams find effective and why.
- You shouldn’t just look at a list of features and make the decision for your whole team, though. Check out this video that outlines the best way to get buy-in from your team, so that you know if you’ve made the right decision for the team.
Receive content like this and more in your inbox!
Latest posts by Maria VanDyken (see all)
- What you Need to Know about Offshore Vendor Hidden Fees - April 18, 2016
- Why You Should Visit Your Offshore Team - April 11, 2016
- Why Productivity Measurements Matter with Offshore - April 4, 2016